Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: DELETION OF UWB AGENDA ITEM FROM DECEMBER 12TH OPEN MEETING

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 01:37:16 -0500

[ As IPers who have listened to my speeches know (see past IP messages for pointers) I agree with the note and Dewayne's comments djf]

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>

[Note: This comment comes from reader Benn Kobb. I think that Benn does a good job of summing up the matter. The regulatory history of UWB is starting to match that of spread spectrum and what happened back in the early '80s with respect to that technology. As I've said recently here, this is not about science and reason anymore, its about politics and power. So ask yourself the question, who really will lose if UWB is allowed to happen? Also, ask yourself what the world might be like now if spread spectrum was allowed according to the framework that was purposed in the 1981 NOI? DLH]