Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: PCC Alumni Search

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:14:39 -0400

Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 15:06:35 -0700
From: Dennis Allison <allison () shasta Stanford EDU>
To: dave () farber net

Dave,

I know there are a few PCC (aka People's Computer Company) Alums on
IP.  This is specifically for them although anyone's input and
participation is welcome.

The People's Computer Company, the Menlo Park CA not-for-profit that
spawned PCC Newspaper, People's Computers, Dr. Dobb's Journal,
Recreational Computing, The Computer Music Journal and other
publications: ran a store-front Community Computer Center with low-cost
access to minicomputers for education and games: and developed outreach
projects for computer literacy like CompterTown USA!, will celebrate
its 30th anniversary next year.

After an hour of "whatever happened to" chat with Bob Albrecht, I was
motivated to put together an PCC Alumni website to reconnect with the
people who have fallen off the radar.  We are looking for staff,
contributors, readers, visitors--anyone who thinks they had a
connection with PCC.

The site is http://sumeru.stanford.edu/pcc/ which includes a form to
capture free form memoirs and information. Comments and other input to
pcc () sumeru stanford edu.

Dennis Allison

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/