Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re ICANN, the movie [ real nasty and fun and serious all at once djf]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:15:46 -0400

I want to make it clearer why I used the word "fun". in my subject line. I
am very interested in the use of the net and computers for propaganda and
for politics (they are different). I found the "movie" an effective
demonstration of a tool that is designed to make a point, I found that
"fun" . I do not agree with the characterization  of some of the peoples
alleged motivations (thats nasty) but heck that is propaganda .

Finally the fact that ICANN's actions often provokes such activities is the
serious component of the "movie"..

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/