Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re:Wyoming sheriffs impose severe limits on federal enforcers!

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 18:54:05 -0500

Lets show them and all move to Wyoming!!! djf

Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 16:51:10 -0700
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Brett Glass <brett () lariat org>

Dave:

This seems rather dubious, to say the least. As a Wyoming resident, I can
say with confidence that our sheriffs understand the law and know quite
well that they cannot forbid Federal law enforcement personnel to enter
their counties. This sounds like a New Year's prank whose purpose is to
exploit people's ignorance of our state and portray it as a backwater
inhabited by militant wackos. (On the other hand, if misleading stories
such as this one keep all of California from finding out what a wonderful
place Wyoming is and moving here en masse, it might be a good thing. ;-)

--Brett Glass