Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Hurricanes, IP and me

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:53:29 -0400

We in the Philly are are potentially right in the path of Flyod.
While it is predicted to calm down a little they are talking about
100 mph gusts and 6 - 12 " of rain.

I will almost surely cancel a trip out of the area on Thursday  and
Friday ..  and stay with GG who does not want to leave our home alone.

Since we are surrounded by trees , it is highly unlikely that our
power and phones will stay intact. While I have a generator I am out
of cellular and radio network range so don't be surprised if IP
traffic falls to zero for some period of time while we pick up the
pieces.

Dave