Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on 34 years ago!

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:52:45 -0500

Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:53:16 -0500
To: Interesting.People () umich edu
From: "Bernard A. Galler" <galler () umich edu>
Subject: Fwd: IP: 34 years ago!
Cc: farber () linc cis upenn edu, Rosin () spi org

**  I should add that I first met Dave Farber when he came to the
University of Michigan to help install Snobol into our operating
system.  Dave has always said that we were the first Snobol installation
outside of Bell Labs, of which we are still very proud. I still use Snobol
on my Mac, and I still count Dave (and Bob Rosin) as among my best
friends.  Thanks for the nostalgia, Bob and Dave!
Bernie

David Farber
The Alfred Fitler Moore Professor of Telecommunication Systems
University of Pennsylvania
Home Page: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~farber
Email: farber () cis upenn edu

Home: +1 610 274 8292; Cell and Office: +1 215 327 8756; Fax:  +1 408 490 2720