Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Microsoft does it yet again

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:44:15 -0500

I have Office 2000 and had installed it on a laptop. I have just
decommissioned the laptop and re-installed it on a new one. It, Office 2000
insists on me registering it and warns me that unless I do it will stop
working but when I try to register it, it says it is registered to another
machine and refuses to re-register it.

While I would never accuse MS of such greed and evil -- I must be just
misunderstanding what is going on, I am left with , again I assume a
mistaken impression, that Ms insists that not only do you have to buy
windows each time but office etc.

I must be wrong -- right??

Dave

David Farber
The Alfred Fitler Moore Professor of Telecommunication Systems
University of Pennsylvania
Home Page: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~farber
Email: farber () cis upenn edu

Home: +1 610 274 8292; Cell and Office: +1 215 327 8756; Fax:  +1 408 490 2720