Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: may be coincidence but

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:57:30 -0500

I have seen a number of annoyance computer failures over the weekend. Nothing bad just annoying. For example, Quickens
pc payment system had a major problem. It screwed up the presentation of information but did not affect the actual
data. They said it would be fixed by tomorrow. The US weather bureau seemed to have problems with its reports with old
warnings being kept on for a long time. Seems 1/1/1999 was a problem. Now I am trying to remember my Comtran coding
(never did cobol) to see if I can recall what date masks were used etc.

Dave