Interesting People mailing list archives

from the chilly north -- : IP: Microsoft e-mail service crippled

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:36:55 -0500

From: dakin () nationalpost com
At 4:14 PM -0500 on 12/30/99, Dave Farber wrote:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. said its free e-mail service
had been partially crippled because it forgot to pay a $35 bill. Some
---

Umm. Not to toot our own horn up here in the chilly confines of the
Canadian north, but we published this story a day before Reuters had
it  --- and we actually talked to Micrsoft and good samaritan Chaney. Read
all about  it at:

http://www.nationalpost.com/financialpost.asp?f=991229/162113.html

Have a great new year. I'm heading back into my igloo to cuddle up to my
shotgun and await the millennium madness . . .

David Akin / Technology Reporter
National Post / dakin () nationalpost com
VOX: 416.383.2372 / FAX: 416.383.2443
300-1450 Don Mills Road
Don Mills / Ontario / CANADA / M3B 3R5