Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re question about Danish Pub

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 17:57:09 -0500

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:07:21 +0100 (CET)
From: Bo Elkjaer <boo () apollon datashopper dk>
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: RE: Former spy divulges ECHELON details. Reply from journalists
re. doubts concerning credibility

Dear Dave Farber.
We understand, that one of your readers has raised doubts about the
credibility of our work, uncovering the survellance-network, that
has become known as ECHELON.

My colleague Kenan Seeberg wrote the hereby attached reply to Sven G. Biln
who raised the doubts on your list.

Yours in space
Bo Elkjaer, Denmark

- - - -

Dear Mr. Sven G. Biln

I am sorry to hear that you are questioning the reliability of our pieces
printed in Ekstra Bladet.

One thing is that you consider it to be like the National Enquirer,
because theres a page 9 girl, another is that youre questioning me and my
colleaques extensive work in exposing the hidden agenda for the western
governments in regards to Echelon.

For one, I has worked on Danish Radios program 1 for years, doing
investigative journalism. Covering Schengen/Europol/The European Union and
so on. For that I was nominated for the Cavling Award last year.
(Its the equivalence to the Pullitzer Prize in Denmark)
Secondly 2 teams from Ekstra Bladet is nominated for the same prize this
year! Only seven are nominated for this prestigious Prize, awarded by the
Danish Federation of Journalists.

Ekstra Bladet has received this - and many more prestigious prizes on
previous occasions.

My colleague, Bo Elkjaer, has worked seriously for years as an
investigative computer journalist covering mainly intelligence and
cryptology.

If you think that there are any factual mistakes, you are more than
welcome to ask us to clarify. i dont think you will find many 'holes' in
our articles. The Danish Government hasnt asked for ONE clarification over
the last 3 months, as we have unveiled their and their allies secret
surveillance systems.

Last I personally asked our Minister Of Defence if he wanted any
clarification of anything written. He couldnt put his finger on any
concrete factual mistake or glitch!

So, please dont spread unethical and false rumours on the Net

HAPPY X-MAS - WAR IS OVER :-)

Best regards with the hopes of a HAPPY NEW YEAR

Kenan Seeberg - Ekstra Bladet - Copenhagen, Denmark

Bevar naturen: Sylt et egern.<<
PGP-encrypted mail welcomed and preferred.<<

A Happy Holiday and a safe New Year

from Dave and GG Farber