Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: 50TH Rand CELEBRATION THINGS

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:47:25 -0400

As sent to old Randites (like me)

It is a marbelous set of pages

Date: Wed, 13 May 98 14:21:50 PDT
From: "Willis H. Ware" <willis () rand org>

In case you're not habituated to patrolling the Rand external home page,
have a look at:

        www.rand.org/50TH

There is a brief history with a few nostalgic pictures; and there is also
the speech that James Q. Wilson gave at the April 8th gala in Washington.

                                        Willis

PS and BTB: for pubs have a look at:

        http://www.rand.org/PUBS/index.html
OR:     http://www.rand.org/publications/electronic/

plus some classics at:

        http://www.rand.org/publications/classics/

Included in this last one is the complete set of Paul Baran's documents from
the mid-60s that lay out (what we now know as) packet-switching.

If you want to know what I've been up to lately, try:

    http://www.rand.org/publications/MR/MR976/mr976.pdf

OR: if  you would like to see the last in HTML form:

   http://jya.com/mr976.htm

(which is John Young's great archive site for documents in re things
electronic and relevant policy).

                                        ww