Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: new DOJ center created

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:49:31 -0400

It also I suspect will end up a significent step toward control and the
weakening of our freedon UNLESS  there is a effective oversight function
for such a center.

Dave

From: Tony Rutkowski <amr () chaos com>

The following article and announcement appeared in this morning's
Washington Post.  It represents a significant development in the
Internet's com-priv evolution.

  Yesterday, Attorney General Janet Reno announced the creation of
  a center for detecting and responding to electronic and physical
  threats to critical government and business operations. She said
  the new center would greatly expand on the FBI's computer crime
  office by including representatives from the Pentagon, CIA and
  other government agencies and members from the private sector.
  It also will seek ties with private computer security centers,
  such as those run by universities.

The full article is available at:
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/frompost/feb98/cyberwar28.htm>

--tony