Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Don't let the Feds take over Net names -- Meeks speaks

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 05:30:57 -0500

I want to make clear that while I disagree with the conclusion that Brock
draws from his story, I praise Brock and others on the network for getting
facts and opinions out to the network nation. As in the meatpress, the
cyberpress is fundamental to maintaining the freedoms that, at least in the
US, we have enshrined in our constitution and the bill of rights.

If someday we get the cyber bill of rights with the freedom of the press
there enshrined it will be due to the pioneering efforts of Brock and
others who showed the power and responsibility of a free press.

Dave

PS this note was NOT due to any complaint etc but just a need for me to say it