Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Richochet modem and CDA

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:12:38 -0400

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:13:24 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Jonah Seiger <jseiger () cdt org>
Subject: Can you pass this along to Paul Baran at Metricom?

Dave -

A very cool anecdote to today's decision announcement.

This morning, I was at the Supreme Court with our Attorney who had arranged
to get an electronic copy of the decision on a disk.

From the steps of the court, using my Richochet modem and my powerbook, I
uploaded the decision to the CIEC web site and got it out at 10:15 am -
just as the story was hitting the wires.

I wanted Paul  {Baran -- the person who started Metricom -- ed]  to know
that his product played a key role in this historic decision and made it
possible for us to spread the word quickly.

I can't think of a better endorsement.

Thanks!

Jonah

  * Value Your Privacy? The Government Doesn't.  Say 'No' to Key Escrow! *
            Adopt Your Legislator -  http://www.crypto.com/adopt

--
Jonah Seiger, Communications Director                  (v) +1.202.637.9800
Center for Democracy and Technology                 pager: +1.202.859.2151

http://www.cdt.org                                      PGP Key via finger
http://www.cdt.org/homes/jseiger/