Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: hdtv, yet again

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 19:35:50 -0400

ABC has done precisely what many realists expected them to do.  The other
broadcasters will follow shortly. Fox  has always said that hdtv was a bad
idea. The whole exercise was a scheme to "steal" the 80% of unused UHF
spectrum which they succeeded in doing. Anyone expect the feds to force
them to return the spetrum?

Dave

Title:  High-Definition TV Is Dealt a Setback
Source: Wall Street Journal (B5)
<http://www.wsj.com/>