Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Here we go, again... Self appointed guardians

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 19:24:10 -0400

It is indeed an interesting article by Josh. I suggest reading it. When I
went to the council site and tried to get info on membership it just sat
there looping to the home page.

Dave

From: Susan Klopfer <sklopfer () vanatech com>

Source: NBNews Journal

RPRT> The Big Sellout
http://cgi.pathfinder.com/@@6pFCnQcAl*M55SO9/netly/opinion/0,1042,1247,00.html

"The greatest threat to free speech these days is coming
from the most unlikely quarter: journalists. A self-appointed
council <http://www.netcontent.org/membership.html> of
"industry representatives," including people from the
Wall Street Journal, the Newspaper Association of America,
CNET, Wired and Microsoft, is debating whether the online
world might be a safer, happier place if a subcommittee of
the council decides what's news and what's not."

Netly News' Joshua Quittner has written an excellent
article on the above which can be accessed directly
via the first-listed URL @ Pathfinder.

Any comments out there??

Susan Klopfer