Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: brooklyn iling on CDA

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 17:32:52 -0500

And the text of the separate complaint filed in Brooklyn today
challenging the CDA provisions restricting online speech about
abortion may be found at

  http://www.cais.com/agm/telecomp.htm

A link at the same site indicates that the U.S. Attorney for the
District conceded at this morning's hearing that the challenged
provision is unconstitutional.

--
"'On April 26, 1968, the defendant was observed in the Los Angeles County
Courthouse ... wearing a jacket bearing the words "Fuck the Draft" which were

and I looked up and added the following (why should I trust the next US
Attorney? djf

Department of Justice Pledges Not To Enforce Abortion Language (February 8,
1996)

     At a hearing to consider a temporary restraining order, the U.S.
Attorney stated that the Department of Justice will not prosecute violations
of the new abortion information restrictions.