Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Clinton's reps recommend massive airport citizen

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 16:55:22 -0400

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 13:44:48 -0700

From: jwarren () well com (Jim Warren)

WASHINGTON(Reuter) - A presidential commission on aviation
security is considering plans that would require U.S. airlines
to scrutinize all passengers at U.S. airports using massive
computer files, The Washington Post reported on Saturday.
... the chief option being presented by federal agencies and the White House
staff.

[remainder omitted due to copyright]

Geez!  With "liberal" Democrats like this, who needs facist conservatives?!

--jim
Jim Warren, GovAccess list-owner/editor, advocate & columnist (jwarren () well com)

"Americans used to roar like lions for liberty, now we bleat like sheep for
security."  -- Norman Vincent Peale [sigline from ironox () gate net]

I ADD (djf) -- "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."       - Ben Franklin,
~1784