Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: [KimMaxwell () aol com: ADSL Forecast]

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:10:43 -0400

Date: Sun, 18 Aug 96 18:00:00 PDT
From: From a very Senior person in the Computer Industry

Text item:

     Dave,

     THis is the kind of idiotic forecast that discredits new
     technology. This person bases (partly..) the numbers on the modem
     market, which has nothing to do with nothing. Growth here will
     depend on our ability to deploy a cost effective end to end
     solution and for the life of me, how can we assume that they will
     do it at this rate, I do not understand. Given that the total
     installed is less then 1000, and they are certainly not yet cost
     effective end-to-end, this is very bad thinking. Remember, when
     you go from 10M to 15M in anything, at least you have proof of
     capability. But going from zero?....

     Bah.... superficial bs.

     Xxx

     ps. I assume you wanted to know how I felt.....:)