Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Microsoft lawsuit exhumation

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 17:36:11 -0400

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 14:28:38 -0700
From: jwharton () netcom com (John Wharton)

Dave--

1) I sent the following to some friends yesterday; Jim Warren asked me
to also forward it to you.

Guys--

I just learned that Ray Noorda's new company, Caldera, just last week
acquired the old Digital Research arm of Novell, apparently with the
primary purpose of then being able to file suit against Microsoft in
Digital Research's behalf.  Basically, many of the complaints the
Justice department investigation of 1994 have now been revived in the
form of this new private lawsuit -- filed the same day DR-DOS was acquired.

Full detals, including the full text of the 11-page, 41-kilobyte
complaint, are posted on "http://www.caldera.com/";.  I've heard of
trying cases in the media; trying cases via the web may be an up
and coming new ploy.

 --john

=====

2) How do I get myself added to your Interesting People mailing list?

  --john wharton  415/856-8051