Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Spinning Japan Trip Away From Economics

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:18:10 -0400

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 21:09:32 +0900
To: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
From: anderson () glocom ac jp (Stephen J. Anderson)
Subject: Spinning Japan Trip Away From Economics

I attended the early morning American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ)
Session at the Hotel Okura--not only with Kantor, but with Christopher,
Mondale, and others.  I was not told that the session was off the record,
and was surprised when the press left.  My conclusion is that election year
politics meant that no chance of negative sound bites would be allowed to
darken this "Security" Summit.