Interesting People mailing list archives

hoist by their own petard

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 1995 17:40:02 -0500

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 1995 14:25:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeff Ubois <jubois () netcom com>

Hi,

I came across the following Web page notice at
http://www.uspto.gov/wipo.html, the US PTO's link to the World
Intellectual Property Organization.  It is rather ironic
and perhaps a gloomy indication of things to come.

Love your list.

Jeff

                   WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION

   NASCUNTUR AB HUMANO INGENIO OMNIA ARTIS INVENTORUMQUE OPERA * QUAE
   OPERA DIGNAM HOMINIBUS VITAM SAEPIUNT * REIPUBLICAE STUDIO
   PERSPICIENDUM EST ARTES INVENTAQUE TUTARI [IMAGE]

   [IMAGE] "Human genius is the source of all works of art and invention.
   These works are the guarantee of a life worthy of men. It is the duty
   of the state to ensure with diligence the protection of the arts and
   inventions." -- Arpad Bogsch

  The information behind these links is owned, copyrighted, and sold by
  W.I.P.O., and as such we cannot make it available to the public
  without further authorization. We hope to have this situation
  unraveled in the near future.

     * Introduction
     * Handbook on Industrial Property Information and Documentation
     * International Patent Classification Information
     * Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) information
     * Laws, treaties, and agreements concerning International
       intellectual property rights
     * Order WIPO Publications

   www () uspto gov

   Last Modified: September 1994