Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: IP: bit more in Netscape and key escrow

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 02:12:36 -0500

From: pfh () netscape com (Peter Harter)

Hi Dave -

You wrote to the IP list last week:
at the  Dec 5 NIST meeting.

"Jeff Treuhaft was at the meeting  and said publicly that Jim
Clark's remarks in Boston were taken out of context and that
Netscape strongly opposes key-escrow.  We talked afterwards and
he told me they will probably make some public pronouncement to
that effect, probably on their homepage."

No announcement yet djf

Netscape has posted its position on its website at this URL:

        http://home.netscape.com/newsref/ref/

Please feel free to post this URL to IP and other relevant listserves.

Thanks,

Peter

---
Peter F. Harter