Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: a very impressive on-line news paper?

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 1995 01:11:58 -0500

[I agree . It is very nice. Do visit djf]

From: Geoff Goodfellow <geoff () radiomail net>

Dave, its been very interesting seeing the various media outlets try to
shoehorn their existing content onto The Net.  Most have just taken what
exists in its present form and presentation and put it up on the net.
However, The News and Observer has, in my opinion, done the most credible
(and perhaps incredible) job to date at putting a living work newspaper on
The Net.  Check out the Nando Times (free) and the Nando News Network
($12/year) at <http://www.nando.net>.  They support low resolution graphics
for the bandwidth limited, full graphics for the bandwidth rich as well as a
JAVA version of the news.  Puts all the other News on The Net attempts to
shame, IMHO.

Geoff