Interesting People mailing list archives

I can not vouch for this one but it is probably true

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 01:40:12 -0400

From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm3 () is chrysler com>
Subject: PAPER SHORTAGE

The following note just appeared in my corporate VM/OV mailbox....

THIS IS NOT A HOAX!!!!!

To: ** To view distribution list - Enter DIST on ML01 Menu **

-----------------------------

This is to inform you that there is currently a paper shortage being
experienced throughout the United States. This paper shortage is due to the
lack of availability of pulp trees. The shortage will last for at least 6 to 9
months, and Xerox believes that it could last for a period of two years or
more. We currently have 5 skids of paper on backorder with Xerox and they
refuse to make any firm commitments on a delivery date.

Please be advised to conserve paper whenever possible. We currently have only
a few weeks of "no hole" paper. You should only use the copiers when necessary
and when possible use the "3-hole" paper. Information regarding this paper
shortage was previously conveyed to I/S Senior Managers by Karla Middlebrooks
in Sue Unger's staff meeting.

END OF DOCUMENT

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation