Interesting People mailing list archives

msg from airplane

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 05:15:46 -0400

Posted-Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 03:07:36 -0400
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 03:07:34 -0500
To: farber () central cis upenn edu
From: rjs () farnsworth mit edu (Richard Jay Solomon)
Subject: msg from airplane

I sent this earlier to my guys. Thought you would be interested:

I just downloaded about 23 messages and uploaded a few using Eudora 2.0.2
and my new GV Mercury modem on an Airphone flying 6 miles above Nevada. Ran
at 4800 baud and smooth as silk. These are the new phones with modem jacks
and AT&T service. I didn't have to adjust anything -- worked like I was on
a phone at home, except for the automatic downshift to the lower speed.

richard