Interesting People mailing list archives

remember BlackNet, well yet again .. The network is hazardess to your mental health

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 19:48:37 -0500

From: steved () lance colostate edu (Steve Dempsey)
Subject: Re: "Introduction to Blacknet" articles
Date: 15 Feb 94 21:31:35 GMT

In article <199402151712.RAA28875 () an-teallach com>, gtoal () an-teallach com (Graha
m Toal) writes:

|>      Does anybody have any idea how extensive the posting of the
|>      "Introduction to Blacknet" - articles is?
|>
|> Unfortunately it's our old friend Detweiler (The Medusa etc) again.
|> He's doing it to deliberately discredit anonymous remailers because
|> of a net.war he's engaging in against individuals on the cypherpunks
|> mailing list.

Yes, it was Detweiler.  I generously gave him some notice that his
account would be terminated; he went off the deep end and left a
process running overnight posting the Blacknet article to random
groups every 10 minutes.  About 120 copies went out before I could
put a stop to it.  Apologies for letting it go on so long.  Such
abuse will not continue from this site.

================================    Engineering Network Services
Steve Dempsey                       Colorado State University
steved () longs lance colostate edu    Fort Collins, CO  80523