Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: I had refused to send this out

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 94 07:05:12 EST

This one message obviously isn't the same magnitude as the holocaust,
but its possible that the issues behind Clipper *are*. I cringe that
I am on the same side as folks that are so intellectually and morally
handicapped that it's "funny" to make personal attacks on colleagues
who happen to disagree with them. Personally I find that as offensive
and threatening to the democracy as Clipper. I find it an order of
magnitude worse that you don't see a need to extract a public apology
from Shapiro along with your own.

Bill,

I am trying to extract an apology from Shapiro and I did not find it "funny" I value satire as a mode of political
argument and find a long and worthy history of its use.

Bill, I would like as a personal favor for you to stay on the list and see that this was an exception. If you insist I
will remove you but with a sad heart.