Interesting People mailing list archives

Made in America :-). Well they make our motors and auto transmissions and TV sets .. why not our mot

From: David Farber <>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 11:54:38 -0500

TOKYO, JAPAN, 1994 FEB 4 (NB) -- NEC has agreed with
California-based Cisco to make asynchronous transmission mode
switching devices. NEC will supply the ATM switching devices to
Cisco on an OEM (original equipment manufacturing) basis.
NEC, which recently entered the ATM market, will have its
NEC America subsidiary supply the desktop-size ATM switching
devices to Cisco. The desktop-size ATM is a modified version of
NEC's ATOMIS5, which supports a data transmission speed of 2.4
gigabits per second. Also, this device will support a maximum of
16 ports at 155 megabits per second. About 500 units will be
supplied per year.