Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: looks like your article will be VERY timely

From: Brock N. Meeks <brock () well sf ca us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 12:15:18 -0800 (PST)

Dave -- I'm being spun everyway but up on this.

I've had three calls since yours.  Dave Johnson strongly disagreed with
the statement that Berman was fired, insisting there as a "mutual parting
of the ways."

I told him, "Well, Dave, that's exactly what I'd expect the incoming
policy director to say."  But I also said I wasn't buying it and that I
didn't appreciate having smoke blown at me.

Three independent "unimpeachable" sources can't possibly have a different
version of the universe than those calling me this morning.

I'm flattered that people think I'm such an important "voice" that I
could harm Jerry.  I don't think that much of my influence.  I just try
and provide some insight and news and make it a fun read along the way.

I'm NOT out to do a hit piece on Jerry.  He is very good at what he does,
unfortunately, the Net community doesn't brook with how Jerry sees the
world and how Jerry must play to his strengths here in DC.  So be it.

There is now a new beginning;  everyone wishes the other all the best.
As it should be.

But my readers deserve nothing less than the full story and that's what I
strive to provide.

Cheers -- Brock