Interesting People mailing list archives

Advertising on the Internet mailing list

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 03:43:25 -0500

"I have never seen such a whitehot topic
as `commercialization of the internet' and `advertising on the internet'...
gad!"

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 21:50:42 -0800
Subject: Re: anybody home?

the person was opposed to advertising bombarding mailing lists and
other various forms of targeted advertising. this is a white hot issue.
I'm looking for mailing lists that discuss it (ideally, a new one just
for `internet advertising')

There's a (semi-temporary) mailing list that's been created specifically to
discuss advertising on the Internet.  It's pretty good reading.  Send mail to:

        listserv () cni org

with the body of the message:

        subscribe cni-modernization your_name

John