Interesting People mailing list archives

Gun control

From: Bernard.A.Galler () um cc umich edu <Bernard.A.Galler () um cc umich edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 93 19:01:18 EDT

I am in California this week, visiting my daughter and her
husband, Al Koschik.  Al is a lawyer at Pettit & Martin, and
was on the 35th floor when Gianluigi Ferri began shooting on
the 34th floor, but Al was lucky enough to get out of the
building.  I have sent the following message to Clinton and to
Gore.  I hope recipients of this message will take some kind of
positive action, also.

Gianluigi Ferri in San Francsico had no criminal record when
he murdered people at Pettit & Martin.  We urge you to support
the Feinstein/Metzenbaum initiative to outlaw civilian access
to semi-automatic and automatic weapons.  No importing, manufacture,
sale, or possession.

We voted for you, and we support you.  Seize the opportunity to
provide strong leadership.  The public will support you!

Enid and Bernard Galler
1056 Ferdon Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Clinton:   president () whitehouse gov
Gore:      vice.president () whitehouse gov