Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS CACHE POISONING? - Our Portal is redirecting to our first competition

From: "david bizeul" <david.bizeul () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:55:22 +0100

On 22 Jan 2008 00:55:30 -0000,  <ponchovaldes () gmail com> wrote:
Hello guys, we have a social network that is getting stronger, but we are having an issue.

And the issue is that Sometimes... our page redirects to another Portal, actually the page that redirects is our
first competition,here in Latino America, i know that they are causing that kind of mess.. so we thought in this.

thanks in advance!

Cheers from México

Hi,

Have you think on pharming on a component different from your DNS. Router ?
Symantec released a post in its blog describing drive-by-pharming
attacks on routers used in Mexico, this could be your problem.
http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2008/01/driveby_pharming_in_the_wild.html

Regards

David Bizeul