Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Interesting mail sender

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:08:07 -0400

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:32:05 +0200, Szalay Attila said:

Invalid SMTP command; request='MAIL', param='From:<aadorris@zfJah]+o*7Z->'

May this be an exploit or just a wrongly setup in a spammer program?

First thought through my head when I saw this:

Two strings walk into a bar, and the bartender says "We don't serve strings
here. You aren't a string, are you?"

The first string says "No, I'm a frayed knot.a$$%3333343__RG__RG__RU__FG"
The second string says "You'll have to excuse my friend, he's not null-terminated".

I've always been amazed at the sort of botches I've seen in the lower-quality
ratware.  Isn't there any pride in craftsmanship? :)