Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: WMF Vulnerability Summary

From: Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:54:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Paul Asadoorian wrote:
I would imagine that most, like myself, are busy trying to make sense
of the WMF vulnerability, perform risk assessments, and recommend
appropriate actions for your organization.  I have attempted to
summarize the WMF information that is flooding security sites all over:

http://www.pauldotcom.com/2006/01/wmf_vulnerability_exploits_jus.html

Excellent summary.  For those that need more details in an FAQ setting,
here is the link:

http://castlecops.com/a6445-WMF_Exploit_FAQ.html

It covers both alternative workarounds and the MS official patch.  In
total 40 questions and answers that were assembled in the forum setup for
Ilfak's hotfix:

http://castlecops.com/f212-Hexblog.html

--
Paul Laudanski, Microsoft MVP Windows-Security
[cal] http://events.castlecops.com