Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: RE: Worm attack on our network this morning -- anyone else see this?

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:56:31 -0800

  What I've got so far is that the 7654 IRC connection is
typical of the "SDBot" family of malware.

  The number of infections has stabilized -- only one new
infected machine in the last three hours.  That strongly
suggests that machines with up to date patches and/or
antivirus and/or non-blank passwords are probably immune,
which argues against the 0day hypothesis.

Dave