Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New Virus?

From: James Polley <zhasper () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:56:52 +1000

I'm curious to know if anyone is able to reproduce Jim's results -
I've not been able to.

I searched for "blah                      deblahblah"
(and I counted - 21 spaces in there - gmail may remove some of them
when it sends this email) and I get, in fact, one result:
http://divelsfoot.com/forums/member.php?u=41

This differs from Jim's result of a 403 page.

I had a theory that this may be because I'm already logged into my
gmail; but I checked from a different machine and I get the same
result.

The page I get shows the URL:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22blah++++++++++++++++++++++deblahblah%22&btnG=Google+Search

The content from this is pasted below..

I also decided to see what would happen if I changed the +s to " "s -
ie, %20s. The results were rather ironic..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22blah%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20deblahblah%22&btnG=Google+Search

gives me the same result as above, but also two additional links:
http://securityfocus.com/archive/75/408341
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/incidents/2005-08/0009.html

These are, ironically, Jim's original post telling me that I shouldn't
be seeing any results..

Has anyone else been able to repoduce Jim's result?

Did you mean: "blahdeblahblah"

Divel's Foot - View Profile: rabbit
... Interests: Damned, Tool, Alice In Chains, The Who, Bad Religion,
Circle Jerks, old
school punk, blah deblahblah. Occupation: looking blankly at screens... ...
divelsfoot.com/forums/member.php?u=41 - 22k - Supplemental Result -
Cached - Similar pages

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some
entries very similar to the 1 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

Did you mean to search for: "blahdeblahblah"