Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: What to do if they ignore you

From: "Nigel van Houten" <Nigel () sara nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:34:14 +0200

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do to make Goliath behave
when you are David ?

--
 Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter           Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX:
 831-641-0647

Hello Skip,

What I'm curious about is whether u checked who the ip-space belongs to.
They might not be the owner of the ip-space and have an ISP cover that
part, so u should be able to complain there. (www.ripe.net)
Otherwise around u could try to locate important employees (use your
social skills Luke) within that company and complain there that their
company is loosing customers.. or something.

Larger organisations tend to react slow or not at all, I guess they know
they're in trouble and not in power to fix it.. so ignoring is the next
best option for them.. making the people who pay those admins aware of
the situation seems best option for you.. good luck!

Best regards,

Nigel van Houten.
---------------------
nigel () sara nl
SARA Computing & Networking Services
Kruislaan 415, 1098 SJ Amsterdam
Tel: +31-(0)20-5928046
Fax: +31-(0)20-6683167
http://www.sara.nl

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.