Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: A basic Question from a new bie!!

From: Rodrigo Ramos <rodrigo.ramos () nabucodonosor com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:49:23 -0300

Hi,

A good source is the site http://www.sans.org/ with pages like
http://www.giac.org/cert.php.
You can find many good informations over there.

Try some other lists from Security Focus to talk to other people and
start learning how you network behave.

Good Luck,
Rodrigo Ramos
http://www.triforsec.com.br
http://www.defenselayer.com

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 16:49, new bie kapper wrote:
Hi all ,
I just recently started with my new job which involves
security monitoring on csids , iss real secure and
entercept sensors.I was looking if anybody could help
me with like websites on internet which would give
good tips on incident response like different ways i
could work on a suspiious attack to conclude wheheter
its an attack or a fals epositive whetehr ia server
was compromised or not and that stuff for example we
can telnet to a webserver to see its patchlevel or iis
version,do nslookup ,what r other tips and where i
could find those.
thanks in advance
kaps

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
wireless security

Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
ownership.

Download your free trial at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_incidents_040301