Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DHCP or Probe?

From: Daniel Hanson <dhanson () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:52:40 -0700 (MST)

I just wanted to respond as no one else has... perhaps it's just me and my
somewhat limited understanding of cable network architecture, but if this
is the cable modem renewing it's DHCP, it should not be sending the DHCP
requests to the public IP on this user's computer.

From what has been posted so far, it seems that this is a
misconfiguration, but it is an interesting one. Anyone else have ideas?

Cheerio