Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: (Moderator Note) Re: Anyome else seeing a rise in Mydoom Virusesover email?

From: falcon () secureconsulting net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:23:35 -0600 (CST)

Has anybody developed a good IDS sig for catching the traffic?  AV vendors
don't seem to care about the network analysis of the traffic.  If anybody
has a completed nw analysis and ideas for a sig, would love to see it,
save myself some work. ;)

Ok, after sorting through about 30 messages that all point out that AV
vendors have signatures for the virus, I am rejecting all of them.

In summary:  There is a fast spreading worm, write-ups are available at
your preferred AV site, and I would prefer that discussion about this, on
this list, should confine itself to the resulting implications of the worm
(proxies, etc), rather than stopping it at the SMTP gateway or cleaning it
from systems.