Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Something new? bind dos? exploit?

From: Jeffrey Monahan <jmonahan () onlinemac com>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 20:10:48 -0000

I found the problem with this error showing up on any unix DNS server,  if a client was using declude spam software
then they need to take out the entry monkeys.com entries out of the configuration file.  The company that is handling
that spam list did a change so that it would error our with the domain IP of 244.254.254.254 on all there requests.

So if you have any customer or client that is using declude with imail or other NT mail service  please let them know
to take out all entries for monkeys.com out of there config file.

Jeff Monahan
jmonahan at onlinemac.com