Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Exchange/Microsoft SMTP Authenticated User spam?

From: "Jerry Shenk" <jshenk () decommunications com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:34:49 -0400

One of the guys I work with had an incident like that.  I never got
on-site to check out the actual traffic.  The initial claim was that
they were under a DOS attack....no, it wasn't that.  So, I don't have
any really tight evidence on what it was, just a ton of spam that seemed
to come from no-where.