Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: P2P applications scanning? Trojan? Malicious users?

From: "Alessandro Volpi" <Info () AVolpi com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:49:11 +0200

Hi Jeff, Hi all...
In a similar situation I get some help by Nessus...
Assuming that you are running it in an environment that is a MS Domain and you can use an account with "Domain Admin"
or "Enterprise Admin" you can configure some plug ins of Nessus to use these credentials to enumerate the running
process of the remote MS host...
You can then check out the list of what is running to find out what it can be considered as suspicius...

Good Luck... as I had working out this issue! :)

Alessandro Volpi
MCP, CCNA

Pretty Good Privacy FingerPrint: 2358 B960 06E4 3440 DFFB  FD5A 40DE 3492 8E20 EFE5