Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: strange ftp site

From: Andre Ludwig <ALudwig () Calfingroup com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:15:11 -0800

Here are some quick prelim results of running strings against the exe file.

Maybe if we can email this eric guy we can ask him ;)

strings results for msgtst
Please e-mail Eric if you see this
Testing
CorExitProcess
mscoree.dll
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program:
<program name unknown>
A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
internal state.  The program cannot safely continue execution and must
now be terminated.
Buffer overrun detected!
A security error of unknown cause has been detected which has
corrupted the program's internal state.  The program cannot safely
continue execution and must now be terminated.
Unknown security failure detected!
runtime error
TLOSS error
SING error
DOMAIN error
R6029
- This application cannot run using the active version of the Microsoft .NET
Runtime
R6028
- unable to initialize heap
R6027
- not enough space for lowio initialization
R6026
- not enough space for stdio initialization
R6025
- pure virtual function call
R6024
- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
R6019
- unable to open console device
R6018
- unexpected heap error
R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error
R6016
- not enough space for thread data
way.
R6009
- not enough space for environment
R6008
- not enough space for arguments
R6002
- floating point not loaded
Runtime Error!
Program:
GetProcessWindowStation
GetUserObjectInformationA
GetLastActivePopup
GetActiveWindow
MessageBoxA
user32.dll
RSDS
c:\Work\Dev\msgtst\msgtst\Release\msgtst.pdb
UpdateWindow
ShowWindow
CreateWindowExA
EndDialog