Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Persistant Connection to tcp/1423

From: kyle.r.maxwell () verizon com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:06:14 -0600

Can you provide any logs of this activity? I know it sounds obvious but
are you sure that these are SYN packets and not SYN/ACK packets? It sounds
like you've done a pretty good job making sure the host isn't compromised,
so it is a bit curious that the scanner is finding your dynamic address.
Do you have any sort of dynamic DNS that would maintain a constant
hostname across IP leases?

--
Kyle Maxwell
InfoSec Engineer