Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: FW: CodeRed Observations.

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 08:02:08 +1300

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 13:48, larosa, vjay wrote:

I find it awfully strange that there is no handshake (not even a single
SYN to try and establish
a session) but these packets show up anyway. I also am not seeing an
increase of port 80
scans in my firewall logs or with any of my IDS sensors. Is anybody else
out there seeing the
same things we are?

I seem to remember seeing the same thing when the original CR II was
around.

--

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin

<Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
Take back your personal time.
15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
<A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure";> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>