Security Incidents mailing list archives

unusual http access in proxy log

From: "Martin K. Lee - XML Consulting" <martin.lee () xmlconsulting com au>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:09:58 +1100

All,

While I was checking a client's proxy log file, I found thousands of
http access from a few hosts to the follow URL:
http://www.instituto.com.br/attackDoS.php?ver=01&task=newzad&first=1

Has anyone seen this before?  I did a search in google and it seems like
it exists in quite a lot of proxy log.

Regards,
Martin K. Lee
Senior Consultant
martin.lee () xmlconsulting com au
PGP Fingerprint: DD34 4218 6D6E BB26 2D2C  F596 DE8A 58A8 C128 BCD1

Disclaimer:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this message
is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by reply transmission
and delete the message without copying or opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the XML Consulting
mail domain.