Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: /sumthin Revisited

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () networkdweebs com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:25:44 -0500

Well whatever it is, it is obviously only interested in the web server
itself and not individual websites; this is evident by the HTTP/1.0
header, which will always reference the default documents on the system,
and not a virtual host.

I've been grepping through some scanners lately and haven't been able to
find 'sumthin' in any of them; so far checked nmap, webvulnscan, nikto,
and a few others.  The HTTP/1.0 tells me though that this tool is
designed to do what everyone has already come to for a conclusion; check
server version/module inforamtion.